FARR = Fluid Applied Reinforced Roofing
SEAMLESS – TOUGH – FLEXIBLE
Western Colloid’s FARR – Fluid Applied Reinforced Roofing Systems – Are lightweight yet tough, with flexible membranes that are primarily applied directly over existing roof systems. Some are formed with layers of highly waterproof asphalt emulsion and tough polyester fabric then surfaced with an extremely durable acrylic coating. Other systems are fully comprised of high performance acrylic coatings with tough polyester fabrics. All these components are fluid applied in the field to form a seamless membrane.
OUR FARR SYSTEMS
Consist of membranes that are installed “in place” using highly durable, water based, waterproofing compounds reinforced with tough polyester fabrics and surfaced with energy saving reflective coatings. Once installed the seamless monolithic system is tough, flexible and resistant to the extremes of nature. We use Underwriters Laboratories (U.L.), FM Global and independent testing labs to continually test our Systems and Products to be sure they meet the stringent requirements of today’s building industry. Our systems are designed to be installed directly over existing roof systems or as a new membrane on new construction.
WHY WESTERN COLLOID’S FARR SYSTEMS ARE SUPERIOR
Western Colloid’s Fluid Applied System’s result in a seamless finish making future inspections and maintenance easy. It also means the roof can be resurfaced, thereby extending the life of the roof indefinitely.
- Western Colloid’s FARR system’s can be applied over BUR, Modified Bitumen, Single Ply, Metal Roofing, Sprayed Polyurethane Foam and Gravel roofs.
- Significantly cut the cost of maintaining an old and weathered roof.
- Save on energy and equipment costs (starting immediately after the roof is installed).
- Indefinitely extend or eliminate your need to re-roof or deal with major repairs.
- Can be applied over your existing roof with very little hassle.
- Will not affect employee/tenant productivity due to fumes.
- Can be shipped in bulk to the job site via our large fleet of tankers.
- Our water-based systems mean every part of the installation process is non-toxic and harmless to the environment. No toxic fumes or fire hazard.
- Every product is backed by experience and performance.
Many of our FARR systems have received UL Class A ratings. “Class A” roof assemblies have the greatest fire resistance. Additionally, many of our systems have also received FM 4470 Class 1 approval. To achieve this designation, the system is subjected to strenuous testing for fire, hail damage, water leakage, and resistance to foot traffic.
Whether your project is restoring an existing roof or adding a reflective coating, the right roofing solution is a Western Colloid FARR System!
Click here to see how our roofing system comes together, step by step.